What's NewThe following awards have been presented to the A.W.A.R.E. program recognizing the contribution to the communities we serve:
- Ohio Valley Appalachia Regional Geriatric Education Center (OVAR/GEC)
- Best Care Practices Award University of Kentucky Sander-Brown
- 2003 Kentcuky Association of Healthcare Facilities "Innovative Program" Award
- National Association of Development Organizations - 2003 National Award for Innovative program
- National Association of Regional Councils
In cooperation with Kentucky state and local community agencies, Wellington Parc has helped to create an awareness program that will train police officers, rescue squad personnel, family caregivers, and professional caregivers in effective search and rescue techniques intended to help bring someone who wanders safely home. The training will also help family caregivers identify safety issues in their home and give practical ideas on how to better ensure the safety of their loved one.
We invite you to contact us and find out more about A.W.A.R.E. (Alzheimer's Wandering And Rescue Education). Learn how your community or organization can receive this training.
Excellence In Action Award
Wellington Parc of Owensboro was recently awarded the Excellence In Action Award From My InnerView. This award honors those long term care facilities across the nation that achieve high levels of excellence in overall facility quality as demonstrated through their resident and family satisfaction surveys. To earn this award the facility scores must fall within the top 10% of My InnerView's customer database.